IBM BigFix Patches Update: June 2017
Keep track of all the latest IBM BigFix patches that were released in June 2017.
When it comes to endpoint security, organizations offering security solutions must be constantly on the lookout for new threats and vulnerabilities. One of the largest players in the endpoint security arena is IBM BigFix. To stay up to date to combat the latest cyber threats, BigFix is constantly being updated, so we thought it would be a good idea to showcase some of the updates that were completed in June, 2017. Feel free to reach out to our endpoint security experts if you’d like to learn more about any of the BigFix updates mentioned below.
June 2017 BigFix Patches
- New DISA checklist for Windows Server 2016 – This IBM BigFix compliance update now features a DISA STIG checklist for Windows 2016, including both analysis and remediation checks.
- Updates to the RHSM download plugin and the RHSM download cacher – This update includes space-saving updates to the RHSM download cacher as well as the automated repository blacklist which has now been added to help improve the existing repository blacklist functionality.
- Updated CIS checklist for AIX 7.1 – The IBM BigFix compliance update adds a CIS checklist for AIX 7.1.
- New PCI DSS checklist for Windows 2016 – This new checklist is based on guidance from the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) v3.2 and adds security checks to evaluate the level of security of your Windows Server 2016 endpoints.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 PPC64 – This IBM BigFix patch now offers extended support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 PPC64.
- IBM BigFix patch for the Stack Clash vulnerabilities – This was an update patching the highly publicized Stack Clash Vulnerabilities that affected various iterations of Linux.
- Updated DISA STIG checklists for Solaris 10 & Solaris 11 – These checklists were updated to a more recent version of benchmark to boost effectiveness.
- Updates to CentOS download plugin R2 and CentOS download cacher R2 – The CentOS CentOS download plugin R2 allows you to use packages that are cached as well as download packages from the Internet at the same time. The CentOS download cacher R2 can now download packages as sha1 files instead of RPM.
- Support for Mozilla Thunderbird – This IBM BigFix patch now offers full support for the Mozilla Thunderbird email client.
Interested in learning more about these updates?
If you’re an IBM BigFix user and would like more information about any of the BigFix patches listed above, or you’d like to learn more about how Champion Solutions Group can help your business implement this versatile endpoint security platform, contact us at 800-771-7000 or through our online contact form.