IBM’s New FlashSystem 9100 and Helpful Resources
By Greg Larkin
IBM’s newest All-Flash storage technology, the FlashSystem 9100, is centered around these data storage features:
• The right foundation for a data-driven, multi-cloud infrastructure
• NVMe Accelerated solution
• AI based predictive analytics
• Software Defined for modern data reuse and protection
These arrays are flexible, modern, agile, and NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express)-optimized storage systems built with IBM Spectrum Virtualize and IBM FlashCore technologies. They are coupled with several members of IBM’s Spectrum family of modern data protection, software-defined storage and multi-cloud enabled storage software.
IBM FlashSystem 9100 offers the combined advantages of FlashCore technology, deeply integrated with the multi-cloud-centric software-defined capabilities of IBM Spectrum Storage solutions. The NVMe-optimized all-flash arrays provide up to 2 petabytes (PB) of effective storage in only 2RU and up to a whopping 32PB of all flash in a single industry standard 42RU rack. FlashCore technology innovations deliver consistent microsecond latency, extreme reliability, unmatched availability, and a wide range of operational and cost efficiencies. A key innovation involves the introduction of FlashCore modules with NVMe interfaces that can be deployed with any combination of industry-standard NVMe flash drives to provide tailored, flexible, unmatched mid-range all-flash performance storage.
IBM Spectrum Virtualize provides the enterprise-class data services foundation for IBM FlashSystem 9100 solutions. Its industry-leading capabilities enable NVMe-optimized arrays to function as IT infrastructure and multi-cloud modernization and transformation engines, thanks to the wide range of data services that can be extended to over 440 IBM and non-IBM heterogeneous storage systems, helping to reduce both capital and operational expenses while increasing ROI in legacy infrastructure.
IBM FlashSystem 9100 capabilities can easily be extended by adding IBM Spectrum Storage components in three pre-validated, cloud-focused solution blue prints:
– The Data Reuse, Protection and Efficiency solution leverages the capabilities of IBM Spectrum Protect Plus and IBM Spectrum Copy Data Management (CDM) to provide enhanced data protection features for virtual applications with powerful data copy management and reuse functionality both on premises and in the cloud.
– The Business Continuity and Data Reuse solution leverages IBM Spectrum Virtualize for Public Cloud to extend data protection and disaster recovery capabilities into the IBM Cloud, as well as all the copy management and data reuse features of IBM Spectrum CDM.
– The Private Cloud Flexibility and Data Protection solution enables simplified deployment of private clouds, provides the technology needed to implement container environments, and includes all of the capabilities of IBM Spectrum CDM to manage copy sprawl and provide data protection for containerized applications.
All IBM Storage solutions, including the new IBM FlashSystem 9100 arrays, now come with Storage Insights, IBM’s enterprise-proven, AI-based predictive analytics, storage resource management, and support platform delivered over the cloud. Storage Insights monitors the health, capacity and performance for all IBM block storage and external storage under management on a single screen, helping you to understand and plan storage capacity and performance. The solution provides proactive best practices and uses AI-based analytics to help identify potential issues before they become problems. Storage Insights helps you to enjoy faster resolution of issues, an enhanced user experience, higher systems availability and the confidence of services delivered from one of the world’s leading cloud environments.
Thanks to the capabilities of the entire award-winning IBM Storage portfolio – now including IBM FlashSystem 9100 – IBM is well-positioned to support our clients’ journeys to becoming data-driven, multi-cloud organizations.
Other helpful resources:
• The power of a storage platform: IBM FlashSystem 9100 – a more in-depth look at what makes IBM FlashSystem 9100 unique.
• Multi-Cloud enabled IBM FlashSystem 9100 for Enterprise IT and LOB – learning more about how IBM FlashSystem 9100 addresses the needs of the modern enterprise.
• IBM FlashSystem for fast and smart private cloud – introducing the new IBM FlashSystem 9100 solution for Private Cloud Flexibility and Data Protection.
• Data driven storage: multiply the value of your data – an introduction to the Data Reuse, Protection, and Efficiency solution for IBM FlashSystem 9100.
• Data driven market leaders – an exploration of how IBM Spectrum Copy Data Management provides added value in all the IBM FlashSystem 9100 solutions.
• Peace of mind with IBM FlashWatch Program – a reminder of the numerous warranties and guarantees collectively driving client “Peace of Mind.”
• Powerful access to the multi-cloud – a more detailed description of IBM Spectrum Access and its many multi-cloud capabilities.
• Taking business continuity to new levels in multi-cloud environments – introducing the new IBM FlashSystem 9100 solution for Business Continuity and Data Reuse.
• Make your Storage Work: Proactive Best Practices and AI-based Analytics for Storage Efficiency – a closer look at the AI-enhanced system insights program recently introduced by IBM.
Contact Champion Solutions Group for more information or to discuss your storage strategy at 800-771-7000 or visit www.championsg.com.